The Next World, released 7 March!
Welcome to The Next World — a strategic visual novel by Illuminated Games, telling the story of a crashed colony ship and its ragged group of survivors, trying to make a new life on the wrong planet.
TNW is a visual novel/strategy hybrid inspired by The Banner Saga, King of Dragon Pass and Oregon Trail, with an emphasis on planning and decision-making over combat. Keep as many colonists alive as possible by making the tough decisions which will determine how your adventure unfolds. Build colony structures, salvage wreckage, resolve problems with multiple branching outcomes, and manage your colony’s dwindling supplies; all while playing through an intense story of intrigue, sabotage, desperation and survival, by writer Ryan A. Span (FRONTIERS, Mount&Blade, Euclidean).
- Robust strategy system — manage your colony on a hostile world and keep your people alive
- Fully hand-drawn art in retro-industrial sci-fi style
- Two different protagonists to choose from, each with their own quirks and methods
- Colourful and memorable cast of NPCs
- Dozens of events to help you or challenge you
- Hundreds of decisions to make, each with its own consequences